This month Joseph & Melissa Irons, owners of Irons Brothers Construction, hired me to rebuild a virtual tour that was not mobile-friendly and to make a Google Street View tour of their Design + Build Center in Shoreline, Washington.
They use the custom virtual tour on their website (link coming soon!) and to auto-play on a big screen at trade shows.
Virtual tour features & design considerations:
- The tour must function well on mobile devices.
- The tour interface toggles between the Design+Build Center, and projects completed on location.
- The Blue in the button was picked to exactly match the Irons Brothers logo.
- The left side thumbnails make navigation clean and intuitive and the blue button at the top toggles between the two groups of images.
- All navigation can be hidden.
- The tour autoplays and autorotates, but both can be stopped using the controls.
- The Design+Build imagery was also used for the Google Street View tour.
- The Project images were produced by another photographer.
So now that you have seen the custom virtual tour you are ready to compare it to the Google Street View tour with the same imagery. Stay tuned!